Former MLB All-Star Dmitri Young discusses his new role as manager for the Mahoning Valley Scrappers and what his goals are for his squad in 2023.
West Virginia beat Williamsport, 10-6, to win the MLB Draft League's inaugural championship game. Black Bears closer Grayson Thurman struck out all 10 batters he faced to close the West Virginia win.
Recap >> Box Score >>
Forty-seven players from the 2021-22 MLB Draft League were selected in the 2022 MLB Draft. Trenton Thunder shortstop Nate Ochoa was the first Draft League player selected, taken by the Nationals in the sixth round. Each team had at least four players selected while Trenton and State College led the way with 10 players chosen each.
After over 50 former Draft League players signed free-agent deals after going unselected in the 2021 MLB Draft, many 2022 Draft Leaguers signed on with Major League teams as undrafted free agents. Check here for the latest information.
First half (June 1-July 4): For Amateur/Draft-eligible players from the Divisions I-III, NAIA, junior college and high school (graduating seniors) levels. 30 games per team.
Second half (July 7-Sept. 2): For professional players who have exhausted their amateur eligibility. Players receive housing, meal money, travel and weekly compensation. 50 games per team.
- Former Scrapper Carter playing with idol on Team China
- Spikes complete 2023 coaching staff
- Cutters Coaching Staff Announced
- Thunder Alum Shawn Chacon Back as Pitching Coach in 2023
- Draft League's 2023 managers set to take the helm
- Former Major League catcher Rene Rivera to lead Keys in 2023
- Jeff Manto Returns for Third Season as Thunder Manager
- Dave Trembley to return as Spikes manager in 2023