Thunder Mascot Boomer Announces Bid for Presidency, Focuses on Education with “Boomer for the People” Campaign
(Trenton, NJ) - (February 23, 2024) - Get ready for a campaign unlike any other! The Trenton Thunder’s beloved mascot, Boomer, is throwing his hat (or rather, his oversized baseball cap) into the ring for President of the United States, with a focus on education and a slogan that echoes his name: Boomer for the People.
This unique campaign, launching this Friday, promises to be a fun and lighthearted way to engage the community and support a vital cause. Boomer, a larger-than-life blue Thunderbird, may not utter a word, but his message is clear: education matters.
“Boomer believes every kid deserves a chance to succeed,” said Mike Warren, the Thunder’s Radio Broadcaster and Boomer’s Official Campaign Manager and Spokesperson. “That’s why we’re launching the ‘Boomer for the People’ campaign, focused on collecting school supplies for Trenton area students.”
Throughout the 2024 season, the Thunder will be collecting school supplies at special events before the season and at every game. Fans can show their support for Boomer by:
- Grabbing a free “Boomer for the People” lawn sign at Trenton Thunder Ballpark (one per group). Taking a picture of their sign in their yard and sharing it on social media, tagging the Thunder and using the QR code to request a “campaign stop” at their house (Boomer might just swing by!).
- Rocking exclusive “Boomer for the People” T-shirts and other merchandise available in the Thunder Company Store.
This campaign is all about community spirit and supporting the next generation. It’s a lighthearted way to get involved, have fun, and make a real difference in the Trenton community. So, join the movement! Pick up your sign, wear your Boomer gear, and cheer on our feathered candidate for President!
- Why is Boomer running for President?
Boomer is running on a platform of education! The Trenton Thunder are collecting school supplies all season long.
- Where will the school supplies be going?
The school supplies will go to students in Trenton ahead of their September 2024 start date.
- How do I get a lawn sign for my house?
Head to the ballpark during our business hours 9am-5pm Monday-Friday to pick up a free sign. (Recommended to call beforehand)